Oxygen gives us life. It gives us energy, it fuels our cells, and it provides the basic building blocks that our bodies need to survive. Every day, about 70 billion cells in our bodies wear out and must be replaced. Without oxygen, our bodies cannot build these new cells.
And while oxygen is generally available in abundance, there are tried and tested ways to safely increase the concentration of this life-giving gas in our body, and deepen its reach into our tissues, cells, and peripheral areas, to enhance its healing and energising benefits.
Oxygen also supports a wide range of cellular, biochemical, and physiological changes including:
- Accelerating the healing process
- Strengthening the immune system
- Fuelling energy production
- Promoting angiogenesis (blood vessel formation)
- Alleviating inflammation
- Boosting antioxidant defence enhancement
- Stimulate stem cell production
- Fuelling the cells that make up our body’s defences against viruses
How mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (mHBOT) works
Under normal conditions at sea level, the air we breathe is composed of approximately 21% oxygen. In this environment, our red blood cells (haemoglobin) are almost entirely saturated with oxygen(1). However, in a hyperbaric pressure environment, oxygen is dissolved into our blood’s plasma, providing a dual carrier system that increases both the oxygen concentration in our bodies, and the oxygen available to the cells, which supports our ability to heal and gives us the energy to thrive.
Research has shown that mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, otherwise known as mHBOT, (defined as pressure below 1.5ATA), increases oxygen in circulation and improves oxidative metabolism(1). This chemical process in which oxygen is used to make energy from carbohydrates (ATP – mitochondria. occurs without barotrauma, which is a potential side effect from medical grade Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy at 2.0 ATA and above3,4,5.
What makes the AirPod mHBOT so effective
The AirPod mHBOT increases the vital oxygen supply to cells and tissues by up to 50% and is regarded as a safe, effective, and non-invasive wellness therapy. Chosen by elite sporting clubs, luxe wellness locations, recovery centres, integrated practitioners and those seeking to create a wellness sanctuary in the home, the AirPod is becoming increasingly popular and widely used as a vital wellness tool.
mHBOT is a recognised as a modality that may reduce fatigue, accelerate injury recovery, strengthen the immune system, reduce oxidative stress, induce relaxation to maintain the autonomic nervous system balance, promote anti-aging, support those living with lifestyle-related diseases, and enhance overall health and well-being 3,4,5
- Hyperbaric Physiological and Pharmacological effects of Gases | Adam C. Kahle; Jeffrey S. Cooper. National Library of Medicine 2022.
- Mild hyperbaric oxygen: mechanisms and effects | Akihiko Ishihara | The Journal of Physiological Sciences (2019) 69:573–580
- Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen exposure enhances peripheral circulatory natural killer cells In healthy young women | Badur Un Nisa, Ryosuke Nakanishi , Minoru Tanaka, Hao Lin, Takumi Hirabayashi, Noriaki Maeshige, Hiroyo Kondo and Hidemi Fujino | Life 2023
- Assessment of oxygen saturation levels during a mild hyperbaric chamber treatment | Gonzalez KE, Hawkins JR, Smith GA, Heumann KJ and Potochny NS |Journal of Clinical Investigation and Studies
- The effect of mild-pressure hyperbaric therapy on fatigue and oxidative stress | Sungdo Kim1,2 ,Takehiko Yukishita1, Keiko Lee1, Shinichi Yokota1, Ken Nakata1, Daichi Suzuki3, Hiroyuki Kobayashi1* | Vol.3, No.7, 432-436 (2 doi:10.4236/health.2011.37071 Copyright © 2011 SciRes. Openly accessible at http://www.scirp.org/journal/HEALTH/ 011)